Friday, January 31, 2014

Top 10 Western Movie Gunfights

What do you consider among the best gunfights in a Western movie? There are a ton of great movies to choose from and selecting just ten of the best is an almost impossible task. There are even several movies with more than one excellent gunfight, making picking just one from that movie extremely difficult. Yet every Western fan has some favorites. Here are my favorite, starting with number 10.




10. QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER





9. SHANE





8. THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES




7.  HIGH NOON




6.  ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST






5.  TOMBSTONE





4. TRUE GRIT





3. THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY





2.  OPEN RANGE






1. UNFORGIVEN




What do you think? Which ones should have been ranked higher? Did I leave out any that should have been included?

10 comments:

  1. Nope you didn't include my favorite, The Quick and the Dead, but I've seen everything you have there several times...in some cases the word "several" doesn't apply. I love westerns...always have. That's why I moved to Arizona! Too bad I was stupid enough to leave after almost 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to choose??? Now I'm gonna have to rewatch these. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you missed one, only the greatest and most legendary Western gunfight every seen in a film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randolph Scott vs Lee Marvin in Seven Men From Now. A very well done climactic showdown in a very, very good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There should be a spot for the finale of "Ride the High Country", but for the life of me, I don't know who should move over to make room for Gil and Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Appaloosa. Very matter-of-fact and over in a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice selection. Never saw Quigley Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. buy dvd blue bloods season 8

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great. buy dvd taboo season 1

    ReplyDelete